Rewards for High Test Scores

Clay Arnold

This year’s juniors had some of the highest ACT scores this school has ever seen!

Breanna Rison, Staff Writer

Bourbon County ACT test scores for 2023 were higher than in the past few years due to the pandemic. Students who tested this year have been in school for at least two normal years, unlike past classes which had to miss one to two years of high school due to quarantine. Now that everything’s back to normal, our test scores are back to normal. Due to the juniors testing really high on their ACT this year and underclassmen testing decently on the cert test, they rewarded all students. During fourth through sixth period, each student got to decide if they wanted to go to the auditorium to watch the second avatar movie, go to the gym to play games or go to the cafeteria to relax. 

In an interview with junior Kaylee Swafford, she told me “I got some scrumptious birthday cake ice cream then I headed to the auditorium and snuggled in my hoodie while the movie played. Halfway through the movie, they called us juniors to the front lobby for our choice of Little Caesar’s pizza. But my only complaint throughout the movie was the Adobe pop-up kept popping up, and the whole auditorium roared each time because it was always at the spicy moments. Also, Jake Sully looked good. And when I went outside after dismissal the entire parking lot was empty and I got home at 3:24.” When she was asked what her favorite part was she said, “My favorite part was when he bonded with the outcast animals because I bond really well with outcast animals too.”

“I originally went to the gym where I sat sulking in the bleachers because there was nowhere to play Solitaire, but they eventually realized that those of us doing nothing were going to continue to do nothing and sent us to the cafeteria. They ended up putting on a Marvel movie but because I haven’t seen all of them it was spoilers for me so I didn’t watch it and kept playing solitaire in my tiny little corner all by myself. They gave us pizza because we had decency high test scores and did so well on the act. I just sat there playing solitaire until dismissal,” Grace Denninghof, junior, stated about her experience.

It’s good that the school awarded these students for their scores, hopefully, the school continues to reward students for good behavior and good test scores.