Clubs and Extracurricular Activities Can be Beneficial

Joining+a+club+or+extracurricular+activities+can+help+in+the+future.+

Joining a club or extracurricular activities can help in the future.

Brooklynn Sheffield, Staff Writer

Clubs and Extracurriculars in high school are an important part of high school. Anyone could be in clubs or extracurricular activities. Throughout elementary, middle, and high school clubs and extracurricular activities can be very beneficial.  Participating in extracurricular activities and clubs builds character, teamwork, relationships, and sense of belonging. All of which help students develop socially and to be successful in school and their future. Participation in extracurricular activities and clubs demonstrates the importance of community and involvement.         

Joining a club or an extracurricular activity can be beneficial for students to help them develop new skills, make new friends, and improve their academic performances. Joining a club or activity can help students learn new things and explore their interests outside of the classroom. Attending extracurricular activities or clubs can also help students develop leadership and teamwork skills, which are important for success in college and beyond. 

Extracurriculars and clubs can be an excellent way for students to explore other options. If students are curious about what career they wanna do but are not sure this provides an opportunity to dive into academically joining a club or getting into an internship leading them into the right direction.     

Ultimately extracurricular activities and clubs on college applications or even resumes are valuable. College is very expensive. And joining or being in clubs can benefit that earning scholarships or signing for a team or school. Additionally , extracurricular activities can help students build a sense of community, which can improve their well-being and mental health.            

Finally, research has shown that students who participate in extracurricular activities tend to have higher grades and better attendance for the sake of their sport. Overall, I believe that extracurricular activities and clubs are beneficial and an important part of a well-rounded education and can have a positive impact on students’ lives.