Teacher Appreciation Week at Bourbon County

Teacher Appreciation Week

Avny Rodriguez, Staff Writer

Teacher Appreciation Week is a time to acknowledge and celebrate the important work that teachers do every day. Teacher Appreciation Week does the following:

1. Recognition: Teacher Appreciation Week is an opportunity to recognize the hard work and dedication of teachers. It is a time to show gratitude and appreciation for the tireless effort that teachers put in to help their students learn and grow. 
  1. Boost morale: Teacher Appreciation Week can help boost the morale of teachers. Feeling valued and appreciated can motivate teachers to continue to work hard and to go above and beyond for their students, especially during the tiring month of May.
  2. Community Building: Teacher Appreciation Week builds a sense of community within a school. It brings together teachers, students, and parents to celebrate the important work that teachers do. 
  3. Inspire Future Teachers: Teacher Appreciation Week inspires future teachers. Seeing recognition and appreciation that teachers receive can encourage others to consider a career in teaching.
  4. Support for Education: Teacher Appreciation Week raises awareness about the importance of education and the vital role that teachers play in shaping the future of our society.

At Bourbon County High School, staff celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week by…

Monday: Staff were treated to breakfast.

Tuesday: Teachers received Goodie Bags with cups, supplies, and candy.

Wednesday: Feed the soul–Cake provided for staff!

Thursday: Subway sandwiches & popcorn–YUM!

Friday: Dessert and cards from admin and students exclaiming their appreciation for teachers in the building!

At Cane Ridge Elementary School, Dick’s on Main assisted in providing lunch for the staff. The PTO assisted in getting this together for the faculty. Similarly, Bourbon Central Elementary School’s PTO treated the staff from the “Woot Woot Wagon” with snacks and drinks.

Although drinks and snacks could never be enough for our district teachers, we appreciate the positive energy and hard work they put into their career each and every day!