Club Spotlight: Recycling Club

Club Spotlight: Recycling Club

DeeDee Barnett, Assistant Associate Editor

We have many clubs here at BCHS, and this week, the spotlight goes to the Recycling Club. It’s one of the smaller clubs in the school, but important to keep the school clean and green.

The club sponsor is Ms. Denise Moran; math teacher, who took over after Ms. Padgett; former English teacher, left school to continue her masters degree. Moran has stated that she has many plans to expand the club, in order to get more people to join the club. Her plans for the club include helping the community and collaborating with other school clubs to help clubs gain exposure. “I really want to try and do more community events with recycling this year,” Moran said, “I feel like if we collaborate with other clubs, then we can help make more people aware of recycling.” She is excited to sponsor the Recycling Club this year and for later years to come.

At the first meeting of the school year, many people attended compared to the previous two years of the club. Returning sophomore member Cainon Akemon said, “I’m ready to start recycling again. I like hanging out with my friends and collecting recycling.” Most of the members from last year are returning for another year of helping keep our classes earth-friendly and our planet cleaner. Everyone is ready to get back into the routine of collecting, recycling, and helping the planet one box of paper at a time.

The Recycling Club is ready to get back into the routine of collecting every Wednesday after school. They are always happy to accept new members. You just have to speak to Ms. Moran about getting a club card. If you are going to join, be prepared to put in your share of work and have fun.