Is the 4th Quarter the Most Stressful?

Cora Walters, Staff Writer

If you were to ask students what time of the school year is the most stressful, you would probably get one of two answers: some will say December, and others say the end of the year. If you were to ask the school staff, then the answer would either be the beginning of the year or the end. Both groups that make up the school building however can agree that the end of a school year is a very stressful period of time. Yes, the beginning is anxiety inducing because of the new schedules, as well as teachers. And yes, December is a stressful time of the year because of incoming midterms, but the end of the year seems to be the most concentrated in the amount of stressful things in such a short period of time.

The 4th quarter of highschool has lots of little and important tasks to be done. The final CERT test, state testing, prom, finals, deadlines, graduation, and more all occur in the final few weeks of school. Many students have to worry about increasing their gpa, as they study hard for their finals. However, the end of the year is the most important to students, especially seniors. The graduating class will have a lot on their plates, and a ton of important information thrown at them, this group of students are worrying about scholarships, college applications, and employment. Most importantly, seniors have to worry about their future after they walk the stage.

The last few weeks are not only stressful for students, but for the staff as well. As the counseling team is in charge of organizing many things regarding graduation. Consulars have to get underclassmen and senior awards ready, help teachers with final tasks, and start creating schedules for the next year. While teachers are worried about helping students get the things they need by the end of the year, and administration is focused on making a smooth transition to the summer. Be sure to stay on top of all your assignments, and make sure you try your best. There are only a few weeks of school left, so us students should make sure that we are doing everything we can to end the year with good grades, and be stress free for summer.