Teacher Feature: Mrs. Kristy Carter

Koby Turner, Editor

Mrs. Kristy Carter is a great teacher here at Bourbon County High School. She is well known for being one of the most kind and helpful teachers. She has been teaching here for 13 years and for 14 years in her overall career. She teaches Pre-AP English 2, English 3, and Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature. Carter has a love for all things movies and books. She loves Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Parks and Recreation, and many more. She always knows how to liven up the crowd and make the day for every student more enjoyable. This teacher has a very bubbly and friendly personality so all the students feel more at home and comfortable in the classroom.

Koby: What are the subjects you teach?

Carter: This year I teach Pre-AP English 2, English 3, and Science Fiction and Fantasy Literature. Next semester I teach Mythology & Folklore.

Koby: What is your favorite color?

Carter: I love red!

Koby: What is your favorite TV show or movie?

Carter: I watch a lot of TV, so I have a lot of favorites. But my favorite movie is Jaws.

Koby: Do you have any fun hobbies?

Carter: I love to read, to work in my flower garden, and to travel.

Koby: What is your favorite book?

Carter: That’s very hard to choose. My favorite authors are Stephen King and Neil Gaiman.

Koby: Why did you become a teacher?

Carter:  I always knew I was going to be a teacher. I love reading and I really wanted to try to help others learn to love to read too.

Koby: Favorite part of being a teacher?

Carter: My favorite part right now is getting to know my students and watching them learn to love read reading.

Koby: Favorite Sports team?

Carter: I don’t really like sports that much. But if I had to choose one, I would pick the Ravens because that’s Edgar Allen Poe.

Koby: Do you have any kids? How old are they?

Carter: I have two little boys. A 7 year old, Max and a 4 year old, Kitt.

Koby: How do you deal with your students?

Carter: I try to be positive; I try to make them feel comfortable in my class. I always try to see things from their point of view.

Koby: How long have you taught? At BCHS?

Carter: This is my 14th year. At BCHS, this is my 13th year. My very first year was at Paris Middle School but I don’t like to talk about it.

Koby: Anything else you’d like us to know?

Carter: I am an eternal Colonel. I was a student here and I love teaching here. I don’t have any plans to leave.