Halloween Costumes

Halloween+Costumes

Halloween is a highly anticipated holiday. Many people celebrate it by passing out candy, decorating, and dressing up in costumes. On the holiday, the students and staff of Bourbon County High School are allowed to dress up in a costume of their choice (while following the dress code) and celebrate it throughout the school day.

Students came into the school dressed as witches, TV characters, and some even had homemade costumes that they put together. Staff members came in dressed as donuts, wizards, doctors and many more creative costumes. When interviewing the junior Savannah Whetstine, she said that she “dressed as a pineapple with other members of the BCHS dance team.” Whetstine stated that it took her “at least five minutes to make the fruit costume.”Another junior, Sara Padron, explained that she simply “bought a witch hat from Walmart” and dressed in black clothes that she had found in her closet.

Many students made costumes from the clothing they already possessed and bought what little they needed to complete their Halloween costumes. Dante Webb, who dressed as Arthur, said that he “decided not to go in a group of friends,” and that he also “grabbed whatever looked similar to Arthur’s clothes” and went with what he had.

The students of BCHS who dressed for Halloween had fun showing off their costumes as well as their handiwork, all while staying true to the rule of no hats covering the face. Both students and staff members alike dressed for the October holiday, and had an amazing time doing so.