Artist of the week!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Artist of the week!

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Larry Marano/REX/Shutterstock (8847724a)
XXXtentacion
XXXtentacion at I Heart radio Station 103.5 The Beat, Fort Lauderdale, USA - 26 May 2017

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Larry Marano/REX/Shutterstock (8847724a) XXXtentacion XXXtentacion at I Heart radio Station 103.5 The Beat, Fort Lauderdale, USA - 26 May 2017

Larry Marano/REX/Shutterstock

Larry Marano/REX/Shutterstock

Larry Marano/REX/Shutterstock

Haleigh McGlothin, Music

Who is the best music artist? In order to find the answer, I asked Mrs. Hynes’ 7th period drama class to choose between three artists as their favorite to see what the average young adult in 2018 would like. The three artists offered were: Mac Miller, Carrie Underwood, and XXXTENTACION. Thirteen people in the class enjoy X’s music. Carrie Underwood came in 2nd with nine votes, then Mac came in third with five votes. I asked those thirteen people why they love X’s music so much and one replied,”Because he didn’t care what others thought about his music.” X, otherwise known as Jasheh, wrote about what he thought was true feeling. Song like “Jocelyn Flores” and his song “Changes”  made a plethora of teenagers relate to the powerful emotions and messages conveyed within the music. I asked another student why they liked Jahseh’s music and they reported, “I can relate to how he feels. His music was a huge impact on my life.” TENTACION rapped about all kinds of emotions such as: depression, anxiety, anger, lust, and hate.

XXXTENTACION was a huge icon and role model for many teenagers all over the U.S. Sadly, this summer on June 18, 2018, Jahseh was killed. All his fans were heartbroken. Hours before he passed he went live on Instagram stating to his fans that he hoped his music helped them in some sort of way. Jahseh’s music will live on forever.

• Artist of the week!

Features

Remembering Emily Sams

• Artist of the week!

Editorials

Beauty black market

• Artist of the week!

BCHS School News

BCHS Combined Gym Classes

• Artist of the week!

BCHS School News

BCHS Brings Tardy Notes in the Picture

• Artist of the week!

Features

BCHS science teacher takes a trip to Costa Rica

• Artist of the week!

Clubs

Behind the Scenes of Prom 2019

• Artist of the week!

Features

The BBMAs

• Artist of the week!

Features

First Picture of a Black Hole and What They Are

• Artist of the week!

Clubs

BCHS Pride Week 2019

• Artist of the week!

Features

Spring Break Planning

The Student News Site of Bourbon County High School
Artist of the week!