Senior Year

Google

2020 Graduation Symbol.

Kathleen Gibson, Head Photographer

Freshman year is the year that everyone is and was lost, confused, terrified, overwhelmed, and mostly afraid. Our freshman year was the year we were introduced to this thing called High school, and had no idea what was coming. You have all your easy and laid back classes, you start forming a different group of friends due to only seeing certain people in your classes that you were assigned and that you picked. So, freshman year was just the learning curve of High school. Sophomore year was the year that your finally getting a hold of this high school thing, the year you get to have some freedom of what classes you take, you have your normal friend group you established in freshman year and you have to work harder for your classes just because they don’t take it easy on you. Junior year is the year for most people the most stress inducing year of there high school career just due to having to take more complicated classes, all the testing you have to do including the ACT, SAT, and so much more that will determine many future things for you. Lastly, your senior year, I cant speak about all of senior year yet because I haven’t experienced all of it but it’s a very special time of year. So far I’ve enjoyed so many cool moments with my friends, finally relaxed in some classes due to not having to worry because they are the classes I completely choose, due to seniors getting to choose first. Everyone seems to support you and are proud of you for getting to this final year. Don’t get me wrong there are stressful moments about senior year, Such as, focusing on the future such as whether you want to go to college what you want to do, taking some college classes, focusing on what real life after school will be. Additionally to all this fun and a mix of reality Senior year gives you an outlook on high school in a new way that you didn’t see before this is a place where you grew up with your friends, had some real hard moments getting through those classes you didn’t like and getting through tests you maybe weren’t so good at. Your senior year shows you that all of those 12 years that you’ve faced this thing called school is worth it. It’s a year you finally get to be your own person and not just an extension of your parents. So, if your a senior or about to be a senior just remember all those moments that shaped you into who you are today and just think that is what got me here and what will make me keep going to fulfill who I want to be.