New Music From NBA Youngboy!

Patricia Jones, Editor

Youngboy Never Broke Again is back at it again dropping music for his fans. The rapper dropped a mixtape and a joint album. On November 13th, Youngboy dropped ‘Until I Return’. On November 20th, Rich The Kid and NBA Youngboy dropped a joint album ‘Nobody Safe’. Youngboy has dropped over four albums this year and has also dropped multiple singles. All of his albums have been very popular and he has lots of hits on The Hot 100 Billboard.

‘Until I Return’ is a mixtape by rapper Lil Top. It consists of 15 tracks. Some popular tracks are ‘Around’, ‘Chopper City’, ‘Toxic’, and ‘Top Say’. The mixtape is almost an hour long (40 minutes). This mixtape had no features. The mixtape sold 28k the first week. He had no promotions, he announced the mixtape three hours before dropping it. ‘Nobody Safe’ is almost an hour long as well (40 minutes) and it consists of 15 songs. Some popular songs are ‘Bankroll’, ‘Automatic’, and ‘Sorry Momma’. Rich The Kid and NBA Youngboys’ collab album sold 21k the first week. The album had three features including Quando Rondo, Rod Wave, and Lil Wayne. The song ‘Sex’’ was already famous before actually being released. It was gaining popularity on TikTok. Also, the song ‘Chopper City’’ from Youngboys mixtape was a famous sound on TikTok as well.

When asked a basic overview of the mixtape/album, a freshman answered, “I liked the albums, I thought it was good. My favorite track on the mixtape is ‘Off 1Tenth’. My favorite song on the album with Rich The Kid is ‘Body Bag’. I liked ‘Nobody Safe’ more because it gave more features. My favorite feature on ‘Nobody Safe’ was ‘Sorry Momma’ featuring Rod Wave. On his mixtape, I think it’ll sell around 30k units and on his album with Rich The Kid, I think it’ll sell around 20k units. My favorite two songs from ‘Nobody Safe’ are ‘Bankroll’ and ‘Body Bag’.” In my opinion, I liked both the album and mixtape, I thought they were really good. On ‘Nobody Safe’, my favorite song is ‘Body Bag’ and on ‘Until I Return’, my favorite song is ‘Walking Dead’. Overall, I liked Youngboy’s mixtape more because I liked having him mainly on the mixtape. My favorite feature on the joint album was ‘Body Bag’ featuring Lil Wayne. For his mixtape, I think it will sell around 25k units and on the album I think it’ll sell around 30k units. My top two favorite tracks from Nobody Safe are ‘Sex’ and ‘Body Bag’ and on Until I Return, my favorite two tracks are ‘Walking Dead’ and ‘Top Say’. I think Youngboy did a good job on his mixtape and I think Youngboy and Rich The Kid did a good job on their joint album.

‘Until I Return’ and ‘Nobody Safe’ are streaming on all platforms!