Upcoming reboot of Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf (2011)

The ensemble cast of “Teen Wolf” 2011.

Breanna Hardin, Staff Writer

Have you ever seen the 2011 show Teen Wolf? Well, if you have, get ready for the new movie coming out in 2023. Teen Wolf will be released on the streaming service Paramount Plus. Teen Wolf is a twelve-year-old series and after 6 years of waiting, Teen Wolf: The Movie will be coming out in 2023, to continue where the 2011 series left off. The original Teen Wolf is about a small group of Beacon County High School students, some of whom are a part of the supernatural underground. A boy named Stiles Stilinski (Dylan O’Brien, Maze Runner, Not Okay) who was best friends Scott Mccall (Tyler Posey), a young werewolf who defends California, his hometown, from supernatural creatures and other threats. Teen Wolf was initially based off of a 1985 film called Wolf Pack. The new Teen Wolf film is scheduled to be released on January 26, 2023, despite a resounding lack of promotional material.

The upcoming film is also going to serve as a starting point to another upcoming related TV series. In the new series, a new character, Derek, is trying to figure out what memories his mother took from him. In the upcoming film, Derek finds out that he has a daughter, Malia Tate (Shelley Hennig). Allison Argent (Crystal Reed) will be making her way back after her death in season three. Dylan O’Brien, however, will not be reviving his role in the upcoming film of Teen Wolf. In the upcoming film all of the characters will be older and there will be some new faces. “High school was such a character in itself on the show, so I’m excited to see how it’s going to be without that sort of character of a school involved.” Posey said. 

Fans may find themselves on edge with anticipation, wondering if Teen Wolf (2023) will live up to expectations.