CJ Fredrick is Engaged to UK Women’s Basketball Player

A+photo+of+CJ+Fredrick+proposing+to+Blair+Green+

Kentucky Kernal

A photo of CJ Fredrick proposing to Blair Green

Leann Zacarias, Staff Writer

CJ Fredrick was born July 10, 1999, in Cincinnati, Ohio to Chuck and Laura Fredrick. He has a sister, Julia. Fredrick comes from a family of athletes which includes his father played basketball at Rollins College; an uncle, Joe, who played basketball at Notre Dame; an aunt, Maureen, who played basketball at Xavier; his grandfather, Charlie, who played football at Notre Dame; and an uncle, Jerry, and grandfather, Reno Masotti, played baseball at Northwestern. His most memorable moment as a basketball player is winning the 2018 Kentucky State High School Championship in Rupp Arena.

According to KYkernel Blair Green, CJ Fredrick’s fiance graduated in May 2022 with an undergraduate degree. She was an impressive in-state prospect that has a strong motor and high basketball IQ. Green was named 2018 Naismith High School All-America Honorable Mention after scoring 93 points in three games to lead Harlan County to the KHSAA State Tournament . Blair picked Kentucky over Louisville, Dayton, Tennessee, and UCLA. The Harlan County native is in her fifth season at UK.

Fredrick missed last season with a hamstring injury after transferring from Iowa. His now-fiance, UK women’s basketball player Blair Green, also missed her season after a preseason Achilles’ tendon injury. Green said the two helped each other during rehab to get back to where they are ready to play this season.“He got injured a week after my surgery. He was my partner and was such a great encourager and motivator,” Green said. “His mindset is always relentless.“ “It was really good to have somebody like him go through all that with me and hopefully I was good for him.” She said they would “celebrate” their small victories daily during rehab and also see how far they could push each other.“It was constant communication and motivation with him,” Green said. “He helped me so much.”Green is also a 3-point threat and creates space for her teammates like Fredrick hopefully will do for John Calipari’s team.