Winter Weather

This is a photo of plows plowing the roads.

Breanna Rison, Staff Writer

Holidays are coming to an end, the season of giving is over. Mother nature wanted to give us a gift of her own. The weather around Lexington and pairs has had a bad effect on the community. The rain in these areas has affected the ability of driving. When the water sets on the roads it makes it slip and easier for cars to hydroplane.

During this time of the year our weather has been warmer than it usually should be. It does rain but not a ton. In 2021 the weather was super warm and made traveling easy. Now this year roads were closed due to flooding and ice and the temperature was below 30. According to weather25 it states “You can expect about 3 to 8 days of rain in Lexington during the month of January. It’s a good idea to bring along your umbrella so that you don’t get caught in poor weather.” Due to the statement, try to stay off the road unless there is an emergency to avoid an accident.  Weather in other locations may be a little worse than in our town but that doesn’t mean we don’t take precautions.”The United States is going to experience quite a number of days of snow during January.” Weather25 states. There will be a total of 9 days of snow. With snow days schools get closed due to the condition of the roads. Roads in the city limits are the only roads the snow plowers actually plow. Being bourbon county is mostly a country road so the plowers don”t plow them. This causes accidents due to the snow. Consequently, it’s harder for buses to get to the students that live on back roads. As a result schools close due to those roads. As the weather gets worse we need to take precaution and stay off the roads exceptionally off the roads that the snow plows don’t plow. Also don’t drive on the roads that have water standing on them. If you can’t see the road, do not continue. Enjoy this nice winter weather and be extremely safe.